Upgrading Dynamics NAV 2018 to D365 Business Central Cloud
Client presently sells the License to both retailers and direct customers. End-user information must be kept up to date for each licence. The licence might either be electronic or come in a hard case with the goods. They also want information on all licences sold, as well as their expiry and cancellation dates, if applicable. Depending on the email type selected on the contact and the language specified on the customer, multiple emails are sent to them.
They are using designed solution very well with Dynamics NAV and they wanted to adopt SaaS.
Germany Based Licensing Company
The most challenging aspect was that the user wanted to change the email before sending it. The language selected on the Customer Contact determines the email to be delivered. Depending on the nature of the transaction, the email should be sent to various contacts inside the business.
- We have shifted their existing developments to AL Extensions to support Business Central latest version.
- Migrated their entire legacy data to D365 Business Central to keep the track of history.
- Performed transactional level of testing to match the business scenarios.
- We modified the subject line of the email that needed to be sent based on the transaction and language code.
- We implemented flags on contacts that allow you to pick the transaction to which you want to send the email. The email will only be sent to that contact for the transactions that have been specified.
PowerShell, AL Extensions, Microsoft 365, RDLC Report